ROWLEY STYLE!

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Week 3 Points

Okay, I just put up the points for last week, but now I've taken them down, and these are the revised points.

You guys . . . . you weren't seriously thinking we would get points for losing a pound we just put on the week before were you? That completely defeats the purpose of the contest. This isn't a weekly contest, it's for 3 months. To see who can exercise the most and lose the most in 3 months.

At the very end, we'll have all of our exercise points, plus points for the number of pounds we've lost since the start. So yeah, points will fluctuate a bit in the mean-time. I, for instance, lost a bunch of points this week.

I hope that makes sense to everybody-- but if you really think about it, it just wouldn't be fair. Jason and I just gained 10 pounds each that we're going to lose really fast -- how fair is that if we get points for it? Or like for round one, Jason's weight went up or down a pound all the time. He would have gotten tons of points for losing the same pound over and over again.

So I'm going to put up the points as 2 sets, the exercise ones that will stay the same and we'll keep adding to, and the weight loss ones, which will fluctuate from week to week.

**Remember, we don't lose points for gaining, we just un-get the points we got for losing.

exercise points + weight loss points = total points


Christine- 140+0=140

Jason- 100+0=100

Jana- 67.5+30=97.5

Mom- 77+15=92

Dad- 43+0=43

Jen- 42+0=42

Annette- 24+0=24

9 comments:

Meredith said...

Alright alright. I was at first into the "loss is loss" but when you put it this way...I agree. It isn't fair for whomever to keep getting points for the same pounds lost and gained. So, I'm on board with you Christine!

Christine said...

phew. . . I'm glad I made sense. I'm working on the points, i'll have them up in a minute.

Meredith said...

what about points for winning the weekly challenges?

Annette Larsen said...

yeah, you are totally right christine. Cause I'm going to be gaining and losing the same weight over and over and I certainly don't think I should get points for it. So, are these the points just last week, yes?

Christine said...

the weekly challenge points are added in with the exercise points, since they're "permanent points" too.

Christine said...

these points are totals . . . the green one is all the points for all the exercise for all 3 weeks. For the blue one I figured total loss and multiplied by thirty. Anyone who has gained or hasn't lost has zero weight loss points. I didn't use any previous points to figure them out, I started from the beginning.

We will continue to add to the green points every week, but the blue points will fluctuate, and each week we add them together just to see who's winning.

Jana said...

I just want to say that this is the way I thought we'd do it from the beginning. It's probably time for everyone to realize I'm the smartest person ever born. Ha...so yeah, I would have just gotten points for the weight I gained since the competition started, which may or may not have been easy for me to lose since I did it with phase 1 which i don't think is easy. Also, does the music on this blog annoy anyone else? it drives me crazy and I turn it off every time so I'll probably take if off unless everybody wants it to stay.

Meredith said...

YES! This music TOTALLY annoys me! I think that every time I get onto this page and I have to mute my computer! I'm so glad I'm not the only one! :)

Jana said...

I hope I don't UN-GET any of my points!
I deleted the music, and I added a thing on the side listing all the challenges so we don't forget and they're easier to find. It is so DIFFICULT to go to the archives and click on the post with the rules!