p.s. if you click on the flax seed (here or above) that is a great website!!!
ROWLEY STYLE!
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Flax seed
Jen: I shared this with Mom and Jana already...but I though maybe the rest of you would like it too! I love flax seed...milled flax seed. It's really easy to use- I sprinkle it or mix it into at least one meal a day. Just 2 teaspoons has as much fiber (4g) as 2 1/2 cups of oatmeal. And it is one of the best forms of Omega 3 fatty acids, (walnuts have about 10% Omega acids, whereas flax contains 50%) it's very powerful antioxidant and is fabulous for cholesterol. You can also use flax seed oil bet it looses a lot of nutritional value. Plus the milled is really so easy to use. I sprinkle it on the kids cereal and they never know! Or mix it into dinner. I got it at a local grocery store and it was under $10.00.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So where in the store do you get it? And how much of it do you get for that much? And did you get the idea from Jessica Seinfeld's book? I noticed several of her recipes call for it.
No, i used it long before Jessicas book. You get quite a bit for 10.00 or maybe it was even less- it was a long time ago when I bought it. Just ask if they have it in the store. I can't remember where it was exactly, and every store if probably different.
Post a Comment