ROWLEY STYLE!

Saturday, August 23, 2008

INJURY!!
Yup. I am officially injured. My knee decided it didn't want to walk anymore so it gave me great pain whenever I tried, starting last Thursday around noon. I had to hop around the classroom and then I could barely make it to the car after work. I had to lean on each of the cars I passed as I hobbled to mine. I got crutches from my friend, Susan Ellsworth who just had Knee surgery (which I will probably have...) about 6 weeks ago. I went to a doc on Friday and she said I should rest my knee and put ice on it and take ibuprophen. Huh. I was already doing that!! Saturday morning it felt a little better. I can put a little weight on it but it is so fragile that I twist it verrry easily. OOoouuuch!!! Don bought me a wonderful knee brace that helps tremendously. I will be doing my weights at home for a while. I'm so sad to not be able to take walks around the neighborhood. I love doing that. I guess you all will have to pump up your exercises to make up for my lost average of 250 minutes a week. Heh heh, have fun!!!
Poor Me.

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Poor thing. I can't imagine having a bum knee that hurt that bad...

Jana said...

Oh....I guess I forgot we were adding our exercise together. Maybe I would have exercised at some point this week if I had remembered that.


oops...

Sugar said...

Yeah, it sounds like you were resting it hopping around to the cars. FYI, resting it means you are not walking around at all. Take it easy so you can get better! Sorry it's painful.