ROWLEY STYLE!

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Kendrick Peak Hike


I'm the skinny one on the left in case you don't recognize me......
On Saturday Dad and I hiked up Kendrick peak. It was a 2,000 foot, 4 mile climb. I didn't even consider goiing with dad and the friends until the night before when he said the Fox family was going and maybe I should try it since we want to do some big hikes in the future months. So I finally thought, Well, I have been exercising hard for 5 months, gained lots of muscle and lost more than 40 lbs, I SHOULD be able to DO IT! So I said Yes. But we took our own car just in case I was going to die anyway and then we could turn around and come down. But I didn't die! It wasn't any harder for me than most of the others! I am really proud of this accomplishment and I deserve a trophy for it. I just may go get myself one... The view from the Ranger station on top was SO AWESOME! You can see all the way around for miles and miles. Such a beautiful sight! It was well worth the effort. Here we are with our fellow hikers in front of the old ranger cabin from about 90 years ago. The new one is 400 ft higher straight up the mt. And we went up there!

4 comments:

Annette Larsen said...

Mommy, that is fabulous! I can't wait to see everyone at Reese's wedding. Do you have a sepsy dress to wear with your hot new bod? Woowoo!

Meredith said...

Holy Cow! Karen, you look freakin' awesome!!!!!!!!!

Christine said...

You look so skinny mom!!

MoM K said...

Thank you Thank you for your fabulous admiration (I'll send out your money soon). Yes, I have a lovely new dress to wear. Actually yesterday was Cherise's trip to the temple (which was perfect by the way) and another Mother-of-the-bride was wearing my dress- same color too. I told her I had the same and (like me) she had to tell me all about the miracle of finding it. AND THEN she also said "And I don't even have to suck in!" THAT was also exactly what I have said as i have told my finding the dress story. Isn't that funny? I told Jana about it yesterday and now she is worried if THAT lady is actually her mom and not me!! I am truly me Jana!!