A Little Sabotage...
Think of this as the liquid version
of a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup.
3 cups whole milk
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 (!) cup cocoa powder
1 cup dark chocolate chips
Mini marshmallows, or peanut butter cup to garnish.
In a blender, combine the milk, peanut butter, sugar and cocoa powder. Puree until very smooth, then transfer to a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
Add chocolate chips and stir constantly until the chips have melted and the mixture is smooth, about 4 to 5 minutes. Ladle into mugs and garnish with marshmallows or peanut butter cup.
**********************This came from the newspaper and the picture looks positively sumptuous. Someday I will try it. But, I don't know if I will use 1/2 cup cocoa because that is at least twice my normal amount. I think I would use 1/4 c to start and see how it is. So when Valentines Day rolls around YOU might just indulge! Of course, I would never.....
Jana here: Too bad mom is so evil. Here is a legal way to get that chocolatey peanut buttery goodness. Put a no-sugar-added fudgsicle in the microwave for 5 seconds, then scrape it off into a bowl. Add about a tablespoon of peanut butter and a tablespoon of lite cool whip. Stir it up and it's like chocolate peanut butter icecream! YUM! Hardly any sugar, only good fat, and protein!
Christine: As long as we're sharing recipes, I had a really yummy smoothie this morning. 1 c. milk (I'm a 1% girl) 4 frozen strawberries, 1/4 c. frozen blueberries, 1/4 c. orange juice concentrate, 1/2 scoop vanilla whey (protein) powder.
Beloved Mommy here again: DONT listen to them! I AM the Mom and I know YOU will love the peanutbutterychocolatey goodness of this hot chocolate concoction! Go for the gutso! Oops, I mean gusto! Give your sweet tounge what it really really wants. You will love it AND after all, it's almost Valentine's Day! YOU deserve it. REALLY. You do. Do you know that green makes you hungrier? It's true!
Mommy, you are so very wicked to temp us with such sumptuousness. That's looks so stinkin good! I was wicked the other day and let Cameron convince me to make brownies, but I only made a 1/4 batch. It was like...4 brownies. So that worked out well actually. We're postponing V-day again this year. With his b-day and then mine and now sophies, we're all partied out. PLUS, Cameron is going to St. Louis to supervise the movers who are moving his mom on the 14-16.
Mommy, you are so very wicked to temp us with such sumptuousness. That's looks so stinkin good! I was wicked the other day and let Cameron convince me to make brownies, but I only made a 1/4 batch. It was like...4 brownies. So that worked out well actually. We're postponing V-day again this year. With his b-day and then mine and now sophies, we're all partied out. PLUS, Cameron is going to St. Louis to supervise the movers who are moving his mom on the 14-16.
No comments:
Post a Comment